Forum Discussion

MatthewWolffe
Qrew Member
8 months ago

Use of Multi-Select List Formulas

Greetings!

This request may be a long shot and not even possible, but I am hoping that is not the case and there is a way to accomplish what I need...

In my QuickBase App, I have a bunch of checkbox fields that the user will go through and select based on their audit process.  I would like to create a new multi-select list based on the entries that have a checked box.  I have been able to use the Split/List function to populate a text output.  But I really need the new field to be a drop down list so when they are in Edit mode it will allow the user to select from those 'True' values.

Is this even possible, or am I not explaining it good. :)

Here is my Split/List code that produces the text output -

Split(List(" ; ",

If([D_MARx_LastName_Err] = true,"D_MARx_LastName"),
If([D_MARx_FirstName_Err] = true, "D_MARx_FirstName"),
If([D_MARx_BirthDate_Err] = true, "D_MARx_BirthDate")

))

------------------------------
Matthew Wolffe

2 Replies

• If you want to have it as "Multi-select List" field vs checkboxes, than why not to replace checkboxes into such field from very beginning?

If you still want to keep check boxes and then move it to Multi-select List which is editable, you need to use Pipeline to copy your formula field into this new Multi-select List field.

But then from process point of view, think what should happen next when user will use Multi-select List field and uncheck or check one of it.
    Should it interact with your check boxes? 

Adam Krzyzanek
      MatthewWolffe
      Qrew Member

Thanks for your suggestion. I thought I might have to incorporate Pipelines.  The reason for not switching out the Checkboxes for the Multi Select to begin with is because we have a ton of options.  The limitation for list items is 100,  So that is why I am hoping to create a new Selectable list on another Form that only contains the values of the checkboxes that had been checked.

I am not very proficient with Pipelines yet.  Any suggestions on how I would setup that process of adding a formula to the field?

Thank you so much for your help!  

Matthew Wolffe