Forum Discussion

RobertRufli1
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Users and Everyone on the internet

Anyone know why a user who is logged in would see things that are set up for everyone on the Internet to see.  When I test the Role it is not showing the same as the user experience.
 I have the users on the internet role at the bottom of the list.

------------------------------
Robert Rufli

3 Replies

• All of your staff "logged in users" are also part of the "group" of 3 billion people on the plant who have internet access.   When a user is a member of more than one group QuickBase will give the most access possible based on all the roles they are in. 

If you are referring to how a form rule behaves for your logged in users, they are also a member of the Role  "Everyone on the Internet."

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      RobertRufli1
      Qrew Member
      Thanks Mark,  So I guess when I "test the role" the issue is that it is only showing me that role and is not considering that a user with that role also will have "Everyone on the Internet" role as well.  I thought that if I ordered the Roles correctly that the logged in user would be restricted through custom rules to only see what meets his role.  But if I understand correctly even if the Logged in user has restrictive custom rules set to restrict access to some records if the "Everyone on the Internet has access to those records then he will too.
      I get it makes sense,  I just got miss lead by the test the role function.
      So what I have is an app that I have users cerate records for their departments and then I direct no user (Everyone on Internet" to a specific page and based on the button the select it filters the records for them.  That all works great.  
      But the problem I an having is that all the Users who have different roles for their department still see all departments records.

Any Ideas ?

Robert Rufli
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        You can make a form rule based in multiple conditions

when multiple conditions

All of
        the user is not in the role internal role 1
        the user is not in the role internal role 2

etc for all internal roles.