Forum Discussion

CassandraFriend
Qrew Member
11 months ago

Using Text-Multiple Choice to Send Notifications to Non-users

Hello,

Is it possible or does anyone know of a way to create a dropdown of email address, where when a non-users fills out the form, a notification will be sent to the email they selected from the dropdown?

This would be used as a type of automatic confirmation email for specific non-users when they fill out a form. I am worried about errors when typing out email addresses, so would like them to choose from a dropdown or list.

For the notification, I am putting the permission type as Open and then the Text-Multiple Choice field into Notify whom but I receive an error saying that: 'The Field' is neither a User field nor an Email address field. These are the only field types accepted for this type of Notification.

Does anyone know a way to accomplish this?

------------------------------
Cassandra Friend

4 Replies

• np, just make a formula email field where the formula is simply

[insert your current drop down text field here]

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      CassandraFriend
      Qrew Member

I think I must be missing a step. I try to input just [Field Name] and that is where I receive the error saying: 'The Field' is neither a User field nor an Email address field. These are the only field types accepted for this type of Notification.

Am I supposed to be inputting this into a different area other than the Notify whom section of the notification?

Cassandra Friend
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

OK, let me explain in more detail.

When you provide something in the Notify Who box the field has to be either of type email or a user field. It sounds like you are providing a text field type which although it may appear to contain an email address is just text as far as Quickbase is concerned.

What I am suggesting is to create a new field of type formula email and the formula will simply be 

[my drop down field]

That will convert 

[my drop down field] 

to an email field type and your new formula email field should be offered to you in the notification as the choices of a field to send to.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com