Forum Discussion

ScottPugh
Qrew Cadet
6 years ago

Webhook Responses

Is it possible in any capacity (short of opening a support case) to view webhook responses?  I notice it's possible to do GETs with webhooks but this would not seem to have any value if I'm not able to view the responses from the API call.   Thanks for the help.

3 Replies

• Hi Scott,

Webhooks were designed to be a "one-way" call into outside systems. If you want the ability to make API calls and process the response, you'll need to work with an integration platform (Zapier or Workato) or a QSP to make that happen.

This is something we might implement in Automations but isn't in our short-term plan. If it's something that would be valuable to you, I recommend that you vote on it over at UserVoice.

Thanks!
      BobbyNeelon
      Qrew Member
      This would be very beneficial. In my instance, I am POSTing to a 3rd party application that generates a unique ID in their system for that record and sends that ID back in the response. I would like to be able to write that ID back to Quickbase. Has there been any progress on this functionality?
  • OP>webhooks ... would not seem to have any value if I'm not able to view the responses from the API call

MS>But Quick Base has big plans for Automations, so I expect to see continuing development in this area.

PM>This is something we might implement in Automations but isn't in our short-term plan.

I agree with the OP.

Provide a mechanism to run sandboxed script on the server.