Forum Discussion

MonicaBridges
Qrew Trainee
10 days ago
Solved

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER A RECORD IS SAVED

Where can I update where someone is directed to after a record is saved?

Here’s my scenario.

I have a table called Recipes. I have another table called Comments. They are connected in the app with a table to table relationship where Recipes is the Parent Table.

In the form for the recipes, I have a button to “Add Comment”. If a user goes to a recipe record, then clicks the button to add comment.  Then they fill out the Comment form and save, they get this:

How do I update settings someone to tell QB to redirect them back to the home page?

• I figured it out!

The Add Comment URL field that had been created when I set up the table to table relationship had somehow been deleted. Once I went into the T2T relationship, I had a button available that said Create "Add Comment". Once I did that and I deleted the old button field and replaced it on my form, all worked well. 

Strange!

4 Replies

• Can you post your current code? That will help troubleshoot. Based off the error message, your code is trying to redirect, but some part of the URL redirect is wrong. Typically the Record ID is wrong, but sometimes it is as simple as a small typo in the URL.

MonicaBridges
      Qrew Trainee

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_KIT_N_COMMENTS] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_6=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#])& "&z=" & Rurl()

That is the Formula in the Add Comment field (field type URL)

MikeTamoush
        Qrew Commander

That should work fine. Is there anything else unique about the situation? Is this a mobile device? Are you trying the button from a report? Or is it all standard? Navigate to a record, click that add button, add the child, and it simply does not return you to the record?

It might also be worth looking at the URL when it gives you that error message. Can you post the URL when seeing that error message?

If everything is standard, I would contact customer support.