Forum Discussion

ReneeHansen
Qrew Member
3 years ago

"add to calendar" Link on form

Hi, Is there a way to create an "add to calendar" link that will allow us to add to our Outlook calendar?

For instance - we have some items that will have a hearing date, and If someone wants to add that to their calendar I want them
to be able to click a button that says "add to calendar".

------------------------------
Renee Hansen

8 Replies

• For the time being the field type iCalendar is available to do that.  There is talk of retiring that feature though, but for now that's an easy answer.  That field works on a form and also in an email notification.  Forget offhand in an email notification if it comes through as an attachment or more likely you would click on the form that's in the email.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ReneeHansen
      Qrew Member
      Thanks! I have the Date/Time field that it will pull from but its default is PST, and for these I need GMT. Is there a way to adjust what time zone that field uses?

Renee Hansen
      ReneeHansen
      Qrew Member

Nevermind about my time zone issue. I changed our entire applications time zone to CST, so it'll work itself out.

My next question is - I'm going to have this report emailed out and in the "add to calendar" field I want this to be a button that they can click - not the code.  How can I work around that?

Thank You!

Renee Hansen
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        The iCal field Type is supported on the old report styles but not on the new style.  I don't have an easy  workaround for that.  Supposedly there is a Pipeline alternative.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com