Forum Discussion

QuincyAdam1
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Automate Table CSV Export To SFTP Location

I am looking for a solution where I can export a table in a CSV format in some type of frequency (e.g. every 24 hours, or after x action takes place). What I'm trying to achieve is basically the same as Quickbase Sync, but exporting a file to a specified location rather than importing a file from a location. 

I can write an API to download the file locally, but it would be preferred if there's an option of doing the above without any manual intervention.

3 Replies

• I wanted to inquire also if there has been any new functionality or scripts available to enable the capability for QB to automatically export to CSV and then send to SFTP or DropBox.  I saw this old post and thought I would check if anyone has had success since this time.  Thank you.
  • The only way I used to do this was using Business Objects / Crystal Reports along with Qunect. Then schedule the report to post anywhere I wanted.
  • Thanks Gil. I was hoping QB would have something out of the box that I didn't yet explore (wishful thinking). I was researching Qunect as a potential solution, but I'm not familiar with Business Objects / Crystal Reports. I'll have to research them further.