Forum Discussion

RoxanneZiegler
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

Closing and Efficiency rates in QB report

QB says that it can't be done but I don't see why it can't - its a simple function.  I run 2 reports each week and then I have to manually put them in an excel spreadsheet to send out because I have 2 simple formulas in 2 colums - I have Sales volume divided by number of customers to get a efficiency and I have Number of Sales divided by Number of Customers to give a closing percentage,  Now this is based on a Total of all sales specific to a division and to each sales person

Example

Sales Person     # of Customers    # of Sales    Volume                  Efficiency              Closing

Joe Black                 15                         5               $58,189.64          $ 3879.31                33.33%

Curious George           3                          3             $35,258.61           $11,752.87              100%

I created 2 reports that give me the sum of all # of customers per sales person and total # of sales with volume per sales person but I need to be able to run a report with all of these combined into 1 report or at least 2 reports - QB should have the power to do this

the other thing I was thinking is making an excel template to connect with QB so the report can up-to-date fields - I don't know how to do this so I would need to hire outside help.

Any suggestions? By the way please keep things simple like I was a 4 yr old LOL - I Have knowledge of QB and built this app but with a lot of help.

Thanks

5 Replies

• Hi Roxanne,

Create a parent table out of your Sales Person field. Then use summary fields to get # of Customers and # of Sales and total sales. That's where you create a formula field to get the additional columns. I just had to do the same with one of my tables because my end user requested a percentage column and if you use a Summary Report, it creates an average of an average.
  • I have created summary fields for # of customers and # of Sales what I am looking for is a closing and efficiency for the TOTAL of each sales person - If I create a calculated field it will always come up as 100% for each customer but I need to calculate on the TOTAL of each sales person  
      GilbertSpigelm2
      Qrew Cadet
      Roxanne, you were asked for current table and relationships. That will better help understand. I don't think you have Sales Rep as a separate table. If you did, you would get 100% as a value.