Forum Discussion

FELIXJONCOURT
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Date format issue after an upload

Hello

I've created my own application and a table in my app has been created with a excel (CSV) extract from another software.

Two weeks ago I've updated the table with a new extract (exactly as usual) and now all the columns with date are empty. In fact the data has been updated but does not appears as if the format was wrong but it's the right one and nothing has been changed.   

I don't understand why and now all my report are useless because everything is based on date.

Is someone can help me ?

Thanks in advance for your precious help

5 Replies

• Hi Felix,

It sounds like your import might have overwritten your existing data and in some instances caused fields to be cleared out. This can happen at times if data is inconsistent or if the wrong fields were targeted during the update. In this instance I would suggest submitting a support case so that you and a Rep can do a screen share session and look at your data and see what might need to be done to get your application back on track. The rep can try to help you back track your steps to discover where the import went wrong. It may also involve getting the Application or Account Admin looped in to check in on permissions and the possibility of a restore depending on how badly the data has been compromised. You can create a new case in Quick Base if you click Help in the upper right hand corner of the page when signed into Quick Base > Manage Support Cases > + New Support Case. I would just make sure you include the name of the application where this happened and the details in the case. Thank you for your time today. 
  • Hi Evan

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

I've created a new support cases as you told me.

If we can set a call to fix the issue today or tomorrow (when you are available) it would great.

Thanks in advance

• Hi Felix,

Your case just came in after our typical support hours so one of the Care team members will be reaching out to you today to find a time to help you with this issue. That way you can find a time to look at the import issue together. 
  • Hi Evan

that's ok I've been contacted by someone from the support team.

Thanks for your help :)