Forum Discussion

AnnAnn
Qrew Member
8 years ago

Email Notifications Notify Whom

Is there a way for the Notify Whom in the email notification settings to send out by

1. Email + User listed in the field;
2. User listed in the field 1 + User listed in the field 2?

eg. abc@xyz.com and [contact person]
eg. [contact manager] and [contact employee]

12 Replies

MichaelGraham2
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    I find at times its just as easy to copy a notification or reminder etc and add different contact emails. Then rename them notification1forjohn notification1forjane  etc.

If you get what I mean?
  • In the notify who box you can carefully type field name(s) in [square brackets], in addition to hard coded email addresses.  

I just list them vertically.  
      QuincyAdam
      Qrew Cadet
      If I try typing [Email] under "Notify Whom: A specific list of email addresses...", and Save, I get an error that it's not recognized as a user. Is there another way of notifying someone from a field and another specified address?
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      No problem, just rebuild your Notification (re-build, not COPY) and make it type - OPEN at the very top.

There is a slight chance that your Realm is not set to allow Open Notifications as a security precaution. if that is the case and you get blocked put in a support ticket and they will open you up to "Open" type  Notifications.
      QuincyAdam
      Qrew Cadet
      Hello: I am re-building like:

QB give me this error:
    RyanRyan2
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    how do i change the "to whom" field? I cannot seem to change this field to send it to one of my users, i can send to myself.