Forum Discussion

ElenaLarrabee1
Qrew Captain
10 months ago
Solved

Home Page Search Bug

Hi everyone, I'm having a bizarre issue with the home page search function, and I'm not finding any other reference to anything similar on the community. Apologies if I missed another discussion already posted about this. 

I have a search bar on a home page that is supposed to search and display results based on a certain report. For my admin role, this works perfectly. But for every other user, it defaults to the reporting defaults for the table and searches every single record regardless of the filters applied to the report. 

Has anybody else experienced this?

I did also have a user test it for me on their account to verify that it isn't some strange thing that happens when I "test as user."

#Apphomepages #Search #Userandgroupmanagement 

------------------------------
Elena Larrabee
  • A wild guess. Can those other users see the report in their list of reports?  There are settings on the report to control which roles see that report in their list of reports. Maybe the other users cannot see that report in their list of reports.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

4 Replies

• A wild guess. Can those other users see the report in their list of reports?  There are settings on the report to control which roles see that report in their list of reports. Maybe the other users cannot see that report in their list of reports.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JohnCrosland
      Qrew Trainee

Another couple of wild guesses, are there different Home Pages for the different roles?  If so, then the search is set differently than the Admin one. Or are you using the test as a user or test as role in order to test in order to get that image? If so, then I have noticed differences from what I see testing as a user vs. what that user actually sees.

John Crosland
  • I'll join with the wild guesses. Can you confirm that the user / users that this search is inconsistent for can actually view something in that report? If they just navigate to it do they see anything? I've seen situations where the security settings of a field or sub-fields that make up the filters or building blocks of a report are restricted/hidden from a role and it throws the whole thing awry in just building the report. For example if you're using a field for a filter that the user can't see comes to my mind. 

Chayce Duncan
  • Thanks everybody, Mark nailed it - the report wasn't on everyone's common reports view. It fixed it as soon as I changed that setting!

Elena Larrabee