Forum Discussion

OmriOmri
Qrew Member
9 years ago

How can I repeat headers in every page in printed reports. I saw an answer that IE support it, however for my need (Timeline) it does not work with IE nor Chrome.

19 Replies

• Hi Omri,

This would be a browser issue. Every browser has their own settings and configurations on how printing works. Unfortunately, QuickBase does not have control on what the printing should look like. 

-Justin
    QB Customer Care
  • Why can't I get headers to repeat on page when printing to PDF?
  • We are having  similar issue. Because of the quantity of assets we manage, we have multiple page reports. The headers do not appear, no matter the platform, browser, PDF, program we use.  We have no headers after the first page. Please help make reports friendlier!!!
      _anomDiebolt_
      Qrew Elite
      Post a screenshot or public URL demonstrating the problem. It is best to do this in a new post as the original question is two years old and may encompass behavior or a scenario different from what you are experiencing.
      RodHastings
      Qrew Member
      Page 1 followed by page 2 and it continues through the other 26 pages. 
  • Rod,

Repeating table headers on page breaks used to work in IE.  I don't have access to IE on this computer right now.  Are you sure you tested IE?
  • I stand corrected it does work in IE, however our company only works in Chrome. Seems that quickbase has alot of issues with chrome. 
  • Typically Chrome seems to be the fastest Browser and those if us who spend our lives in Quick Base all day use it for it's speed, especially for a developer.

But for printing and freeze titles on some screens like Grid Edit, IE seems to work better.

But the Browsers keep changing all the time and Quick Base keeps changing, so you need to actually have multiple browsers available to you, not just Chrome, to get the best of all worlds with Quick Base.

For example, Chrome may have a new release that is incompatible with a Quick Base feature.  While the QuickBase engineers are working on a fix, you need to have at least 1 other browser available to you to get around the obstacle and keep working.
      RodHastings
      Qrew Member
      Chrome also has pass through issue to link to a local drive. IE works great, but again we only work in Chrome. The "work around" is the reason we went to QB. To not have to have "work around", we had to do work arounds with our previous platform and it greatly reduces our productivity if we have to continually jump between three or four programs. I hope they can find solutions soon. Thank you for the info. 
      _anomDiebolt_
      Qrew Elite
      Using FireFox I just printed that page to pdf and the headers repeated. Lack of a printer (and time) makes this a little difficult to explore but I think there is a chance you can get this to work.  The printed pages QuickBase generates  simple <table> markup so i guess eventually you could get this method to work ( it would involve minor reformatting the standard QuickBase page using script).

However, I am not going to put anymore time into as I have other work to do.

Contact me off-world if you want to pursue a solution:

https://getsatisfaction.com/people/dandiebolt
      _anomDiebolt_
      Qrew Elite
      I just got it (my test page) to print the pdf with repeating header from Chrome. So I would anticipate some script rearrangement of QuickBase report would print with repeating headers.

I realize this may sound like crazy talk to you if you are not a developer but we look at problems differently focusing on the technical details. Bottom line I think it can be done with scripting.
      RodHastings
      Qrew Member
      Thank you for the time and a solution. Great to know it can be done. May be beneficial to pass on to the QB developers for the next update to help all. I will find a developer that can implement it until then.