Forum Discussion

NateMcKinney
Qrew Cadet
7 years ago

I am using a formula to print a form, How do I get it to print landscape instead of portrait

I am trying to get my form to print out landscape style in stead of portrait. But i am using formula URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=printr&rid=" & [Record ID#] & "&dfid=14" to print off the form.

10 Replies

• You have to manually select this option through your browser's print dialog (you may have to select "more settings" or similar link to expose the option). The page itself does not have access to print settings (this is an operating system feature) as it would be a security issue.
  • I get that but the print option I bring up does not show it, and i took that as needing something the formula to allow me to use different part of print off.
  • google chrome, It will give me the option for other things and i can see it pops up for a slipt second then goes away
  • In edge you have the possibility to modify it directly in the first screen , but in COME you will need a few steps more.

EDGE

CROME

I hope it helps.
  • It does kinda but I have the issue where I am not printing the things out it is like 50 supervisors or team leads and I dont think I can get them to do either process I need a automated way.
  • Script will not be able to configure this for you - it would be a security issue.

>I dont think I can get them to do either process I need a automated way.

I was able to configure automatic printing (1)  without a dialog, (2) without preview and (3) in landscape mode using FireFox. The procedure is a little complicated to describe (sort of editing the registry) as you have to manipulate FireFox's configuration and profile. This type of print configuration is commonly done when a browser is  used to print receipts at a point of sales computer or in kiosk scenarios when you want immediate printing. It might be useful for your users who don't want to navigate through a bunch of dialogs just to get printed copies reports.

Perhaps Chrome can be configured in a similar way - I don't know without researching it further.

If  you want a solution feel free to contact me off-world using the information in my profile:

https://getsatisfaction.com/people/dandiebolt/