Forum Discussion

AlexisEvans
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Is it possible to tie a notification to a report rather than a record

Hello! I am building a database to log returned items.  Each day, we might receive one or many returns.  Once logged and worked on our end, we need to send a notification to another team of all items that they need to specifically handle.  That team may need to handle one, many, or none of the returns in any given day.  They asked us to send one notification with a list of the items rather than separate notifications for each individual item logged.  How do I make that happen?

------------------------------
Alexis Evans

4 Replies

• If it would be OK to send them a report in the morning of all returns from yesterday, then just make a report of returns for yesterday and set up a Subscription to come daily.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AlexisEvans
      Qrew Member
      Okay, that was the direction I thought about taking. I know we cannot schedule subscriptions at a specific time, but is there an estimated time when the emails are sent once the daily subscription is in place? 

Thank you for your help!

Alexis Evans
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        My understanding is that they start processing about 3:00 am eastern time zone (midnight pacific time) and they are mostly all delivered by 8:00 am eastern.  That is just my experience.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com