Forum Discussion

AndreonnaGarret
Qrew Assistant Captain
7 years ago

Line Chart Labels

Hello, 

I have some data that records multiple records per day. I created a line chart to showcase this data, as well as the upper and lower limits for the data set. 

The line chart that I have set up is exactly what I am looking for, however, the labels on the x-axis are not what I am looking for. 

If someone can help with a way to combine just the labels, but not the data that would be great. 

Now if I change the x-axis label to group by the day, it also groups the data. I want to see each data point on it's own as shown, but the axis should be cleaned up to only show one instance of each date. 

I have an excel version that is similar, but excel is not the best method as it keeps crashing due to too much data. Additionally, the QB version looks a lot nicer too. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

3 Replies

AndreonnaGarret
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      That does not create the desired effect that I am aiming for. Line chart is the correct type, I just need to figure out how to group the dates while showing all data points on the chart itself. 
  • You can do it with script and have it look exactly as it wish. One option would be to modify the QuickBase chart and the second option would be to generate the chart from scratch using HighCharts.

If you need individual assistance with this feel free to contact me off world using the information i my profile:

https://getsatisfaction.com/people/dandiebolt