Forum Discussion

JanetteSantos
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Looking for a way to clone an app that's connected to several other apps

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to clone an app that is connected to several other apps without going live nor disrupting the processes for the original apps they were cloned from? Thank you!

4 Replies

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    If your account has access to the "Sandbox" this is a great opportunity to clone the application and make changes without affect the live applications.  
      JanetteSantos
      Qrew Trainee
      Hi Matthew, thanks for the response. Unfortunately no we don't have access to the Sandbox under our membership grade. Is there any other alternative do you think? 

~Janette _
      MCFNeil
      Qrew Captain
      Best thing is to copy the app, and either reconnect the cross app relationships, or pretend they are still there while you do your modifications.  Its a tricky balance to strike, to keep the live data while also making heavy upgrades to the system.

I've done this several times, so it you need some more pointers and good procedures to follow, let me know.

Best of luck,
      JanetteSantos
      Qrew Trainee
      Fantastic, thanks for your help Matthew! I will try this out and if I have any further questions, I'll definitely reach out again. 

~Janette