Forum Discussion

AkashSingh
Qrew Trainee
9 years ago

Make Read Only Form Rule not Sticking to Conditional Drop Down Field on Form

I have a field Lead Source 2 which is a look up field that is part of a conditional drop down. When I Set a Form Rule When the Account is saved and Lead Source 2 is not equal to Blank, Make read only Lead Source 2. 

This is not working. It works fine when I Test it on a Regular text field. Can someone help me with this ? 

6 Replies

• I am surprised that you were saying that it works fine on a text field. The way I understand form rules the concept of make read only When the record is saved does not make sense. You need to set up a condition based on other conditions being true in order to cause a field to become read only.  In other words rebuild your form rule but not based on "when the record is saved"
  • Hi Mark, thanks for reaching out. Yeah that's how i have it set up. this is the rule right now : When Lead Source 2 is not equal to �blank�, make read-only Lead Source 2, and make read-only Sub Lead Source . It wont work. I think its because these fields are a part of Conditional Drop Downs.
  • Hi Akash,

It sounds like this is something that would require a little digging into. I would suggest submitting a support case so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

Jeff
    RyanParr
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    I'm experiencing this same issue today.  A rule that makes a drop down box "Read Only" doesn't seem to work no matter which way I create the rule. 
  • if lead source 2 is a text field that is a reference proxy for something like 'related lead source 2', you would need to use the actual reference field in your rule, not the proxy. just a thought.