Forum Discussion

IvanWeiss
Qrew Captain
3 years ago

New Dashboards not working on mobile

I am not sure where I am going wrong here.  I configured a new dashboard and set it for a particular role as their home screen.  That is my role since this is my first new dashboard and I am testing.  I went to my home page on my mobile app and it takes me to my old dashboard.  But on my PC when I go to my home page, new dashboard just fine.

Is there a separate setting for mobile somewhere I am missing?

------------------------------
Ivan Weiss

6 Replies

• My guess is that New Dashboards do not yet work for Mobile.  So you would need to maintain two Dashboards.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • I can confirm the new dashboards do not work in mobile. I also remember reading that on one of the release notes. No indication when they will release for mobile. Considering they have all but abandoned the mobile platform, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Michael Tamoush
      IvanWeiss
      Qrew Captain
      Honestly it is not a big deal as NONE of my users use the mobile platform.  It should be great, and we could really use it.  But it is a terrible experience.  I do have a lot of people traveling and on the go and they just accept at this point (although they do complain) that they cannot work in quick base unless they can sit on their laptop.

Ivan Weiss
        MichaelTamoush
        Qrew Captain
        I have field teams using exclusively mobile. You need to specifically build mobile friendly forms for it to truly be effective.

The good: It can be done, and done effectively. Mobile can work decently well when time is invested on designing the forms.

The bad: QuickBase has told me numerous times, since their main focus is their redesign of the forms, they are not currently working on the mobile side. It is very disappointing because more and more, the way of the future is tablets and phones. There are a myriad of bugs on the mobile side, and their mobile platform is slowly dying. I have a user voice begging for them to pay attention to mobile, upvote it!

Michael Tamoush