Forum Discussion

JeffPeterson1
Qrew Captain
3 years ago

Pipeline limits and shutting down pipelines when running out of steps

Quickbase - What is the deal with pipelines??

You're going to press people to migrate to pipelines from automations, that fine.

BUT -- when they run out of steps you stop ALL PIPELINES! Including internal pipelines that are not using billable steps!

Further,  you give no way at all to add additional steps to prevent stoppage!   I'm directed to reach out to my account rep which I did days ago, but get no response.   What can your customers do if the account rep is on vacation??

Also,  individual users can only see their OWN pipelines, in spite of the fact that every user is consuming steps from the same pool!

At the very least you should be allowing run over and just bill for additional steps used!  OR give us a way to buy more steps easily!

This is a very bad and sloppy implementation of this system and it makes no sense to push people to pipelines when it operates this way.    We are extremely unhappy with this.

While pipelines are great when they work,  this ridiculous limitation makes me think twice about using it for ANY important functions.

ā€‹

------------------------------
Jeff Peterson

3 Replies

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    We have run into the same exact issue with reps being on vacation. They don't tell anyone or have anyone fill in to help their clients. We had a gap of time where we could not get any communication back and it was very frustrating. It seems like common sense when someone goes on vacation to have others fill their role but it doesn't happen or maybe we both just got unlucky right?

As far as only seeing your own pipelines this is true for most users but realm admins can see all of them. There is a thing similar to "Test as another user" that lets you view their pipelines. The functionality is there but it is currently hidden from all except the highest permissioned on your realm. I don't understand why this limitation is in place.
      JeffPeterson1
      Qrew Captain
      Yes the ability to view all pipelines in the app or realm should be standard for higher level users.

Jeff Peterson
  • Hi Jeff,

I'm really sorry to hear that you ran into this issue and your Pipelines aren't running. I'm reaching out to follow up with your Account Rep and your open case right now to see if we can't get you a faster status update on next steps to get you unstuck since that is the most important first step. 

As to your feedback to us we have definitely gotten feedback from other customers that this restriction is a pain point in our billing for Pipelines. We are in a transition right now where some customers are still on our earlier plans for Quickbase and unfortunately on those plans Pipelines shares that one pool and runs into the issue you mentioned, on our newer plans that customers are starting to transition to right now the Pipelines are tracked and processed differently so that limitation is removed. Unfortunately, the current plans still have the issue you are running into. It is something our team is looking at for alternatives but hasn't yet been able to implement.

If getting away from that limit is really important to you right now to avoid this happening in your future your AE can chat with you about one of these new plans as they might present a better fit and flexibility. Alternatively, I've also brought this feedback back to our Pipelines team as they are looking at better options for the future. Feedback on the places where our experience leaves customers frustrated and stuck is very important to help us identify ways to improve.

Evan Martinez