Forum Discussion

AnnettaColeman
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Problem with Formula Rich Text Field losing background color when printed as pdf

I have a Project Status Report that pulls from two different sources (Business Project Manager & IT Project Manager).   The problem we are trying to solve is to produce and Online Status Report that will enable us to abandon our historical PowerPoint '4 Blocker' status reports.   Stakeholders (including executives) who have QuickBase access will view online.   Stakeholders who do not desire QuickBase access will be able to view a pdf version of the Status Report via eMail attachment or pull it from a shared drive.   

The online Status Report form works as intended.   
The print as pdf version has two problems. 
1) It loses the background shading of the Red / Yellow / Green Health Status field (a formula rich text field) and
2) The field label wraps as if it is compressed horizontally 
(see attached pic which shows a screen print of the form and also a screen print of the pdf)

What do I need to do to get the pdf version to display similarly to the online form?  
Do I need a specialty pdf generator add in for those Users who will be printing this form to pdf?

Thanks in advance for your help!

------------------------------
Annetta Coleman

2 Replies

• The background color is a local print settings.  Go into the print menu and look for a setting like print background colors or print background shading. The words depend on the browser.

As for that strange  wrapping, if you get desperate, you can override the form label with Status_ID so it can't wrap.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AnnettaColeman
      Qrew Cadet
      Thanks!   
      Checked 'Background Graphics' in PDF settings.  Worked like a charm.  Thank you!   
      I did add an underscore to Overall_Health so it would not wrap.   Not desirable, but will work for now.   Thanks for your help!

Annetta Coleman