Forum Discussion

AdisKljajic
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Regarding changes to Javascript in Quickbase

Hi Everyone,

I am facing issue in injecting my custom code page. By reading  all the docs, I came across that in order to inject your custom code you have to  make a field and insert your custom page as follows : ""&[iol] & "Formula_Save_Proposal.js" & [/iol]&"".

Earlier it was working fine and was getting saved , but now when i am trying to save this field it is giving  error as shown in image attached for your reference.Could you please help me to find a solution for same.

------------------------------
Adis Kljajic

4 Replies

• I don't have a solution for you but as of August 15th you are no longer permitted to use javascript in formula fields.  If you understand "code pages", then  you can use those.  There may be others on this forum who can direct you to resources for alternatives, but here is a good blog entry by Evan, the Community Forum Moderator.

https://community.quickbase.com/blogs/evan-martinez1/2021/07/09/alternatives-to-common-javascript-insertion-techni

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
    AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    IOL is dead in the way it was written but look into the service worker solution by the same person. That can pretty much not be killed ever from what I understand and is more powerful. If you have a need for JavaScript then this is one option. Code pages might work but they will not give you the same functionality that has been lost where you could run the code on the page you were looking at.
      AdisKljajic
      Qrew Trainee
      Hi, Thanks for the reply but my issue is i am not able to get after making code pages where to use those code pages so that they can be used in the forms.

Adis Kljajic