Forum Discussion

PeterJames
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

Removing background lines from Page widgets

Is it possible to remove the grey lines that appear behind widgets that are placed on a page. 

4 Replies

• While not an official answer, JS Injection might be able to achieve that...

------------------------------
    Ryan Stanford
      PaulEaston
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Thanks, I'll think on that.

I'm guessing they need to keep the white space left behind after hiding the title so that you can collapse the widget. But it is a very inefficient use of screen space.

Paul Easton
  • Hi Peter,

Currently there is not a setting to suppress the header lines that appear at the top of widgets just below the titles. They appear to define the top space on each widget. If you feel like this is something you would like more control over in order to better define your Dashboard pages I would suggest submitting that feedback to our User Voice page. User Voice is a tool our Product Development team uses to collect customer feedback on enhancements and future features as well as to get an idea of support amongst our users. The Quick Base User voice can most easily be accessed from the My Apps page in Quick Base by clicking on the orange Feedback tab that appears on the right of the page or at http://quickbase.uservoice.com by signing in with your Quick Base credentials. I often suggest that when a user submits feedback to our User Voice that they put a link to it here in their Community thread so that other users who find it can add their vote. Thank you very much for reaching out today. 
      PaulEaston
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      I don't understand why when you suppress the title, the line/hard rule remains. It not only looks ugly but it increases the amount of screen real estate needed. For example,  I would like to add multiple search boxes to a dashboard but they just take up so much space and the hard rule adds to the widgets' footprint. 

I tried to log into quickbase.uservoice.com but was unable to with either of my two QuickBase accounts.

Paul Easton