Forum Discussion

MarkBurton1
Qrew Member
6 years ago

Report totals dont display within Reports widget on Home Pages

I recently completed converting all of our Home Page (old) pages to use the new Home Page functionality. Unfortunately, reports that are added to a Home Page using the Reports widget don't display the total number of rows in the report, which they used to within the old pages layout. I've been told by QB support that this was a conscious decision by the QB developers (my interpretation - it wouldn't have been easy to do this, so they decided to drop it and hope no-one noticed and/or cared); since the total still shows when you run such a report separately, I'm officially requesting that this functionality be restored.

4 Replies

• Hi Mark,

I am sorry to hear that you have run into this issue converting your reports from the old dashboard to the new dashboard. I just want to clarify the total that is missing on the dashboard is the line at the very top of the report that for example would say the report contains 8 records, then in the grouping gives a breakdown for each record? I just wanted to be sure you weren't talking about the Total column that appears at the bottom of the report. 

I'm going to pass this feedback along internally but the best place to include feedback is on our User Voice page. User Voice is our customer feedback platform that is set up for users to post their suggestions for enhancements and features and other users can then vote to show their report. The Quick Base User voice can most easily be accessed from the My Apps page in Quick Base by clicking on the orange Feedback tab that appears on the right of the page or at http://quickbase.uservoice.com by signing in with your Quick Base credentials. This forum is where our PD team looks at feedback and the support it has gained. If you do post in the User Voice forum I would encourage you to post a link here to it so that other users in the Community can show their support for the feature and vote as well. Thank you very much for your time today Mark. 
  • Evan,

You are correct - I am referring to the total # rows in the report that used to display. Please note that if the report is grouped, the individual group totals do display in the dashboard report - it's just the overall total that doesn't display.
      EvanMartinez
      Qrew Elite
      Thanks for the confirmation Mark I just wanted to make sure so I could include a few example screenshots with my feedback. 
  • The total # of records and the dynamic filters for reports would be ideal configuration options on dashboard report widgets, even if it required report widgets to be in the single row when configured to show the dynamic filters. Definitely a good user voice item that I would vote for Mark and Evan.