Forum Discussion

DirkRuana
Qrew Captain
5 years ago

Form Field Display

Hello Seattle Group:

I am having some confusing formatting issues.   Instead of displaying the content of a name or identifier field, my form shows the record ID.

When I look at the format of my Look-up Table it seems correct.  The first field is the name I want displayed.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?  Any assist would be greatly appreciated.

Dirk

------------------------------
Dirk Ruana

4 Replies

• Hey Dirk, you need a proxy field setup for each of those relationships.  Proxies display a value or words instead of the Record ID.  Setup a lookup field and then in the Properties of the Reference field (likely something like Related xxx) select that lookup in the Proxy Field dropdown.

--

Brian Richardson
    Tools and Resource Manager
    Enterprise Project Management Office
    Mobile Mountaineer

The information contained in this email message and its attachments is intended only for the private and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above, unless the sender expressly agrees otherwise. Transmission of email over the Internet is not a secure communications medium. If you are requesting or have requested the transmittal of personal data, as defined in applicable privacy laws by means of email or in an attachment to email, you must select a more secure alternate means of transmittal that supports your obligations to protect such personal data. 

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient and/or you have received this email in error, you must take no action based on the information in this email and you are hereby notified that any dissemination, misuse or copying or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email and delete the original message. 

------Original Message------

Hello Seattle Group:

I am having some confusing formatting issues.   Instead of displaying the content of a name or identifier field, my form shows the record ID.

When I look at the format of my Look-up Table it seems correct.  The first field is the name I want displayed.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?  Any assist would be greatly appreciated.

Dirk

Dirk Ruana
      DirkRuana
      Qrew Captain
      Brian:

Thank you.  I am referencing proxy fields. 

The proxy fields are Formula-txt  fields. 

Could that be the issue?

Dirk Ruana
        BrianRichardso1
        Qrew Trainee
        Not sure... I haven't done a formula as a proxy.  It appears from the help text that you have to ensure your formula utilizes a lookup field as part of the formula, for it to be available.  Perhaps that's the issue?  Beyond that I can't say, sorry.

------Original Message------

Brian:

Thank you.  I am referencing proxy fields. 

The proxy fields are Formula-txt  fields. 

Could that be the issue?

Dirk Ruana
    LeeGilmore
    Quickbase Staff
    Good evening Dirk,

I would recommend submitting a Support Ticket with our Care team. They can help look at your formula reference field to see if there is any issue. They will ask for access to your app so that they can take a look at your specific fields to identify the issue.

https://www.quickbase.com/support

Lee Gilmore