Forum Discussion

DynDyn
Qrew Cadet
8 years ago

One step assign Lookup Field

I have a lookup field for selecting salesperson to a certain account. Some historic data will be showing this field as "Blank", is there a way to select 1 salesperson for all these items at one go?

7 Replies

MichaelGraham2
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Are you asking about how to fill in the blanks records with a new salesperson?
    If so, then you can make a report filtered on Where salesperson is blank. Then run the report, click Grid Edit and fill in the blanks and save.
  • I'm currently using the default report which everyone can view & add an additional Salesperson column (to filter those blank ones). Tried Grid edit but it says "Non editable field" as it is a lookup field. It will be too time consuming to edit each & every record to assign a salesperson.

GauravSharma3
      Qrew Commander
      Yes, you can't edit lookup fields. But you can update that field in the parent table.

Let me know if you need any help in this.

Thanks,
      Gaurav
      DynDyn
      Qrew Cadet
      Hi Gaurav, do you mean changing the field type in the parent table? If so, would that affect other reports?
      GauravSharma3
      Qrew Commander
      No, you don't need to change the field type. What I am saying. Go to your parent table and look for the field which you are using as a lookup in the child table and update the value there.

Got it?