It’s probably no surprise that the vast majority of businesses are managing a continuously growing number of software tools. These continuously evolving ecosystems are creating risk and making it difficult to find or access the information needed for critical decisions. That means that in order to remain competitive, organizations experiencing this issue must establish new ways to securely make data accessible when and where it is needed in order to unlock the insights that will guide them into the future.
There have been many ideas on how to stop this proliferation of tools, but we believe that modern businesses will continue to need a wide variety of software in order to accommodate the growing number of business processes that make them unique. Instead of trying to block people from using the tools they need, we think that orchestrating workflow across different systems is an even better way to streamline the way that work gets done.
We’re not the only ones who are seeing an increase in the demand for process innovation and automation either. Industry experts are beginning to talk more about how the need for automation across multiple systems is far outpacing the methods and resources available to support it, putting businesses at risk of falling behind expectations and competition.
“By 2022, 80% of organizations that pursue a cloud-first strategy
will forgo the use of RPA (robotic process automation)
in favor of low-code integration platforms.” -Gartner (2019)*
As we get ready to introduce new capabilities in early 2020 for Quick Base that will make it both fast and easy for businesses to automate processes and integrate workflow, here are a few ways that you can tell whether your business might benefit:
- Legacy systems no longer support the unique workflow and integration needs of your business
- There are not enough developers to support the pace of innovation required to stay ahead
- The cost, complexity, and risk of your application and integration ecosystem is burdening IT groups and slowing business down
If any of these scenarios sound familiar, then here are 3 reasons why we believe that our new Pipelines technology will offer you an intuitive way to use the Quick Base platform, finally making it possible for the tools in your business to work together the way you need them to.
- Pipelines executes workflow in real-time, meaning that data is up to date where you need it, when you need it.
- Pipelines has a library of pre-built integration channels that make it easy to stretch processes and workflow across all the systems that people use
- The intuitive drag and drop interface makes it easy for Quick Base app builders of all different backgrounds to define exactly what needs to happen and when
If you’re interested in learning more, we recommend signing up for updates below.
*Gartner, "Automate Business Operations to Scale Your Digital Business," Rob Dunie, Saikat Ray, 26 November 2019