Forum Discussion

PaulGuillory1
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Working with two tables

I have an application that allows users to create Field Tickets for work in their area. I have two tables in the application that are used to keep track of the Field Tickets. The first table contains a list of all of the blank Field Tickets called "Field Ticket Stock" that our company has had printed. The second table is the record of Field Tickets that are in use camed "Tickets". 

We want to track all of our tickets from the initial order of blank tickets through the the payment of the Field Ticket. The original design did not include the tracking of the field ticket from the initial purchase to the point where it was sitting in a remote office waiting to be assigned to a person who was expected to record the work done by that person. I know that the world is trying to go paperless but we are not there yet so this is the system we have to work with. We want to ensure every Field ticket that we purchase is used by our field personnel and then billed to our customers.  

My question is what is the method that should be used to verify the Field Ticket being assigned to a field person is actually listed in the Field Tickets Stock table before a clerk is allowed to use the field ticket number that was entered before she can save the Field ticked she has created on her side?

"My thought was to run a query to verify the existence of the Field Ticket Number from the "Tickets" table in the "Field Ticket Stock" Field Ticket Number Field.

------------------------------
Paul Guillory

3 Replies

• Paul -

Have you found a solution that works for you on this?

Blake Harrison - DataBlender.io
    Quick Base Solution Provider
      PaulGuillory1
      Qrew Member

Blake,

I have not found an answer yet.

Sincerely,

Paul

Standard Energy Services is a Platinum Safety Award winning company.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this ELECTRONIC MAIL transmission is privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the individual or entity it is addressed to. It may also be subject to the attorney-client privilege or be privileged work product or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication (other than to the addressee(s)), is strictly prohibited.

BlakeHarrison
        Qrew Captain
        Can you tell me a little more about the process that's being used to assign a Field ticket? Is this happening in the same app or a different app? Or is this part of the process that's happening outside of Quick Base?

Blake Harrison - DataBlender.io
        Quick Base Solution Provider