Forum Discussion

MikeMalekyar
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Full Time Hire Opportunity - Quickbase Systems Administrator for Mears Group

Mears Group is seeking a Systems Administrator will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of the Mears Group PMO database. Mears Group provides utility construction services across the United States. 

Mears Group provides innovative solutions and dynamic approaches to aid our Operations team succeed throughout the country. Mears Group develops and implements scalable systems and tools, tailored to meet operational goals specifically through its cloud-based system/database.  The system is seen as a full cycle PMO Work Order Management System.

The Systems Administrator will be involved in the planning, development and implementation of applications, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the company.

The Systems Administrator will ensure that:

• Data remains consistent across the system
  • Data is clearly defined
  • Users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs
  • Reports are produced to meet the needs of staff and clients
  • Quality of data

Responsibilities

• Establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security
  • Recommend and implement emerging system technologies and processes
  • Consider both back-end organization of the data and front-end accessibility for end-users
  • Set and maintain systems/database standards across the company and develop training tools to support the staff
  • Make performance adjustments of the system
  • Diagnose and troubleshoot system/database challenges
  • Create and manage database reports and dashboards
  • Create automation for repeating tasks
  • Be available for support as needed
  • Document new features and changes made to applications
  • Research and help implement the integration of software tools the company utilizes.

Skills

The Systems Administrator will need to demonstrate:

• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills. Must be able to logically understand processes, priorities and goals of our system tools and build-outs.
  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
  • Exceptional attention to detail
  • Self-starter and team player
  • Familiarity with the principles of database design
  • Good organizational skills
  • Flexible and adaptable
  • The ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers
  • Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
  • Knowledge of indexes, index management and statistics
  • A willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology

Qualifications

• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
  • Five to seven years of experience in database administration or related field
  • Experience with cloud-based low-code application development
  • Familiarity with QuickBase
  • Proficient in Microsoft Excel

------------------------------
Mike Malekyar

3 Replies

• To Whom It May Concern:

I started with Quick Base in 2007 when it was a much different product. At that time there was no real documentation, training or other form of education which necessitated learning by doing. Over the years I was allowed to only use vanilla Quick Base as a matter of company policy. I am however familiar with most of the enhancements and have used automations for repetitive tasks as well as other features.

I would be happy to discuss my qualifications at your convenience.

Thank You,

Norm Hassinger

Norm Hassinger
  • To Whom It May Concern:

I started with Quick Base in 2007 when it was a much different product. At that time there was no real documentation, training or other form of education which necessitated learning by doing. Over the years I was allowed to only use vanilla Quick Base as a matter of company policy. I am however familiar with most of the enhancements and have used automations for repetitive tasks as well as other features.

I would be happy to discuss my qualifications at your convenience.

Thank You,

Norm Hassinger

Virus-free. www.avg.com

• Mr. Malekyar,
    I have extensive experience working with Quickbase as QB App Development Manager taking my company from paper invoices to a fully intergraded system that encompassed all departments from sales, hr, productions, shipping and accounting. Throughout this process I succeed in created and implementing improved workflow processes and efficience company wide. Through these changes and designed role specific content we achieved increased sales company with one department showing revenue improvements of 250%. Now, I was able to accomplish all this while teaching myself how to program Quickbase as I had no previous programming experience of any kind. My ability to pickup QB quickly and deliver dynamic creative solutions allowed my company to cut ties with the their party vendor that created the intiail build saving 150 per hr they were paying for every tweak, change, design, question, etc. Though I have not been in a relative position in a few years I have done some contract work sparingly and stayed updated on new QB functions and capabilities. I think I could be a great asset to your company having succeeded in many of the very aspect you're in search of. If you would like to discuss my background and your available opportunity further please feel free to contact me at 832-928-5257

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Brant Helduser