Forum Discussion

JoshuaRawe
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

QB says Not Unique; Excel and TextWrangler say Unique

I am attempting to add a table linked to a csv file in my Google Drive. The csv file has just two columns: Item, Cost. The Item is the unique ID used for Refresh and Key.

When I refresh connection, I get "The error was: The source data includes non-unique key values, the column value(s) from the source query that correspond to the destination key column(s) must be unique."

I have tried removing duplicates in Excel and it says no duplicates. I have made sure there are no additional blank rows at the end of the csv. I have formatted the Item column as Text in Excel before saving down to csv.

I have opened the csv file in TextWrangler and searched for duplicates and found none.

And yet, QB says non-unique values exist in this column every time.

CSV file here.

5 Replies

SuryaExpert
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    I would delete the records in the quickbase table and try again. There may be duplicates in the Quickbase table.
      JoshuaRawe
      Qrew Trainee
      I deleted the QB table and my csv file from Google drive. I created a new table in QB and uploaded the same file linked in the problem. 

I still get the "non-unique values" error.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Maybe import the data manually into a temporary Quick Base table and then make a summary report sorted by the # of records for that field in question.  See if there are any 2's.
      JoshuaRawe
      Qrew Trainee
      I created a temporary QB table and manually imported the file. There were no errors.

I did find 1 duplicate. The reason it wasn't caught in Excel or TextWrangler was because there was a space in the cell after the duplicate value. :/

Thank you for this quick and intelligent fix!