Forum Discussion

NenadIlic
Qrew Assistant Captain
7 years ago

Re: Compare values with values from previous month

Hi Mark, so here is the situation and hopefully you'll be able to help me proceed step by step (or clarify how some of the tasks are done from above).

I have 3 Tables:
1. Project Manager (list of users)
2. Customer profile
3. Project
where tables 1 and 2 are connected with the Project table in a following manner:
Project manager - Project (one to many)
Customer profile - Project (one to many)

Now I've created Project history table (where I want to save monthly data) and have created the following fields:
  • Project Name (Project table)
  • Customer name (origin in Customer profile, but is part of Project table via relationship)
  • Cutomer region (origin in Customer profile, but is part of Project table via relationship)
  • Project Manager (origin in Project Manager table, but is part of Project table via relationship)
  • Annual Contact value (Project table)
  • Target date (Project table)
  • Status (Project table)

Now going back to your steps (lets cover 1st steps 1, 2):
1. Set up a child table to Projects called Project History. Add fields for any values that you want to capture.
I've created a table with information from above. Am I supposed to define the field identically to the field they would be getting information from? (example: text - text; multiple choice - multiple choice) or is there some other way

2.Set up a saved table to table copy to copy all Active Projects into Project history and map the [Record ID#] field into [Related Project] and map the various data fields.
How can I do this, would it be a problem to explain it a bit?

3. Make report of Active Projects needing their History recorded.  This will be filtered where the maximum date created of the child records is not during the current month.

To create this from Projects table? How to achieve the second part maximum date created of the child records is not during the current month?
No RepliesBe the first to reply