Forum Discussion

Re: Edit Record Formula Button

Try this as a formula URL button

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_ of the table from Advanced Properties] & "?a=er&rid=" & [the field with the Record ID# you want to edit]

------------------------------
Mark Shnier (YQC)
Quick Base Solution Provider
Your Quick Base Coach
http://QuickBaseCoach.com
mark.shnier@gmail.com

5 Replies

UchennaOgbejesi
    Qrew Trainee
    Thank you for this. I tried your formula and I was brought to a Not Found page. I think this is happening because the Record ID# for the child record isn't known on the parent record. Is there a way to get the Record ID# of the child record on the parent record? A summary field comes to mind, but it's not an ideal solution given it's flawed.

Uchenna Ogbejesi
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
      Please provide a description of your tables and their relationship and on which table you want the button.  Also an example would be useful and knowing what the tables actually represent.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        UchennaOgbejesi
        Qrew Trainee
        The two tables that I'm using for this button are: Gating and Gating Questionnaires. Gating is used to mitigate risks for projects by having projects stop at different gates to make sure the project is meeting different requirements to move through the gates. The questionnaire is used to fill out whether they have met these requirements essentially.

Gating is the parent table and Gating Questionnaires is the child table. One Gate can theoretically create multiple questionnaires, however, I'm restricting the creation of multiple records for each gate.

I have two buttons on a report: Complete Questionnaire (works) and Edit Questionnaire (not working). When someone completes a questionnaire, that button disappears and the edit questionnaire button appears. Basically, once a questionnaire has been completed, I'm trying to edit that questionnaire that was completed, but I can't get it to work because the Record ID# of the questionnaire is not on the Gating table to use in the formula button.

Uchenna Ogbejesi