Forum Discussion

Re: Help with pipeline/automation

If I've understood correctly, you want to do something like this:

A: On New Event (which I use in preference to the Record Added/Updated steps in case I need to make changes later) - when record added to the Sales table, select the imported product name field for subsequent steps.

B: Search Records - query Product with a limit of 1 where product name (or whatever your name field is called) equals the imported product name, which you can select from step A. This will look like {{a.imported_product_name}} in the pipeline.

Insert a condition - check if the list of records from B is empty

In the 'Then' branch:

C: Create Record - create a record in the Product table with the product name equal to the imported product name, which you can again select from step A.

D: Update Record - update record A, setting the product ID (or whatever your ID field is called) to the record ID you can select from C. This will look like {{c.id}} in the pipeline.

In the 'Else' branch:

E: Update Record - update record A, setting the product ID (or whatever your ID field is called) to the record ID you can select from B. This will look like {{b.id}} in the pipeline.

I think this will work. I have had the odd issue with updating records from earlier in the pipeline and have added additional search steps, but I don't think that would be needed here. 

Hope that helps.

------------------------------
Jeremy Anson
------------------------------
No RepliesBe the first to reply