Forum Discussion

AustinK
Qrew Commander
4 years ago

Re: can I adjust the width of a field with multiple choice text items?

Just tested it and yes it works fine, at least the JavaScript command that it is using. 

Since this is all just JavaScript you can take bits and pieces from anything posted by Dan and test it in the console. What I did was load a record up that had dropdowns and then hit f12 to open the console in Chrome, pasted "$('#formContents select').css('min-width','5em');" in there and bam, resized.

I don't see anything in the IOL part that would cause it to not work but I didn't test that either, just the command above.

The fields will be resized based on what is in them though. Looking at my example below the field names you see above are also the largest text entry in the dropdown, to give you an idea how they resize. The first picture is how they look by default and the second one is after entering the command above.

2 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
    ... or set the form properties to use radio buttons for a narrower look.

------------------------------
    Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
    LienGilhooley
    Qrew Cadet
    I did some testing.  The Javascript command works for select controls where you've provided a list of data, not where it is derived or driven by a table.

In this first screenshot, the "Deal Number" is actually a key field from the parent table and used to tie the parent-child together.  The "Tolerance Option" field is a selection list where I've provided values of: None, Buyer, Seller.

Here's the JavaScript command at work in the Console:

Here's the result.  You can see it adjusted the width of the "Tolerance Option" field, but not the "Deal Number".

Lien Gilhooley