Forum Discussion

StephenStephen
Qrew Assistant Captain
7 years ago

Business Analytics outside Quickbase

I am shopping for a cloud analytics tools and I'm getting BLOWN AWAY by the prices. They are asking  4-10x what I pay a month for  QUICKBASE just to build dashboards of analytics.  
They are all saying how much it costs to build the tools, but zoiks, that's crazy. Curious what other business owners are doing.

MS Power BI
Looker
Chartio
Sisense
BIME
Grow
Klipfolio
Tableau 
DOMO

DOMO is $30K to get started and $2000/month per user. Are they serious for a small business? Others are cheaper but it's hard to discern if they are worth it or not.

I tell these sales people that I run my WHOLE BUSINESS (ERP, Sales, etc.) 

7 Replies

RohitAgarwal
      Qrew Cadet
      No
      Javascript Libraries like
      Highcharts
      d3js and many more open source libraries available.
  • I think that CloudBase Services, a QSP (Quick Base Solution provider) does integrations with Tableau.

Easy Insights has a native integrations with Quick base and a wider variety of chart types. http://www.easy-insight.com/
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      just an edit. re "a wider variety of chart".  ie a wider variety of charts vs native Quick Base, not vs these other tools like Tableau. 
  • No need to pay high initial costs.  

CloudBase Services, the firm I own and manage, can integrate QuickBase with Tableau, Power BI and other analytics platforms. We can also add custom charts to QuickBase.  We'll tell you what's faster and cheaper. Click here to see more or email sales at CloudBaseServices dotcom

Thanks, Mark.
    DonLarson
    Qrew Commander
    We have a number of customers using Tableau.  Since it is a SAAS offering now in its own right, the pricing needs to be looked at versus your number of users and of course the value of the reports you want to make.  "Bet the business" decisions should not be cheap.    To get the data to Tableau I helped start Paasporter.  It extracts your Quick Base data and makes a real SQL compliant DB.  Tableau connects natively then and you can query anything.

------------------------------
    Don Larson
    ------------------------------