Forum Discussion

Re: Formula help

we aren't actually trying to import the data from our system. Importing will be done manually each week. I want to export the data we put in out in a report. Not sure if I'm making much sense.

------------------------------
Courtneah Thomas

6 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
    Well now I'm not able to picture what output you want.  I thought that you were trying to replicate the excel sheet that you posted and you would just put this field on that Admin Reporting Record.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      CourtneahThomas
      Qrew Member
      I basically want to do that. But I wanted to be able to pull previous weeks reports if needed. In that reporting table, it'll only show that current weeks data.

MarkShnier__You
        Well conceptually what you would do is to create a date field on the Admin record called 

[Reporting Date]

Then look that up down to the detail records.

Then every place that you have used summary filters based on date, you would need to not use or the "current week" Today but you would have to use that Reporting Date field.

You will likely find that you need some helper field to get the filters to work.  You can post back with a screen show of your filers on summary fields if you get stuck on how to convert them to use the reporting date.  You will also need ot create date fields to label some of your fields on the reporting Admin record so the user is aware which week or which the column represents.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Your Quick Base Coach
        mark.shnier@gmail.com
      CourtneahThomas
      Qrew Member
      Hey Mark,

I have attached a "sample report" from the reporting table I created.  Its just the record form that I modified.  I can send this out by email every week but I just didn't know if the previous weeks report will be accessible or will that one record get updated on its own weekly.

Courtneah Thomas
        MarkShnier__You
        With you current design the report will change on its own each week but the previous weeks will not be accessible.

I do have a comment on the layout.  The readability could be hugely improved by suppressing all the field headings except the first row (current week last week etc)  and moving the words like 
        Incoming to Answer and Answer to send to be beside the rows.

Then it would look more like a tight excel sheet with row and column headings and just a tight block of numbers in a grid for the body.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Your Quick Base Coach
        mark.shnier@gmail.com