Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Automatically add new user to user table

Posted 02-01-2022 10:05
    I was wondering if there is anyway when I add a user, that the user could also be automatically added to a table?

The reason I would want this, is that I'm bad about remember to add the new user to my user table.  Because QuickBase won't allow you to use a users role in reports, I had to create a duplicate user table.

Thanks,

Carol

------------------------------
    Carol Mcconnell

• 2.  RE: Automatically add new user to user table

Posted 02-01-2022 10:15
    In my experience I prefer to add users from a user-field within a table because through that option I get to set the First Name and Last Name of the user before they get invited (or not) to the Application.  This is the only chance you have to set those values; otherwise it is up to the User to set the First Name and Last Name when they register.

If you add a new user FROM the table; they will automatically be added to your Users management area by default, and assigned to the Role you give them as you're adding them.

Laura Thacker (IDS)
    laura@intelligentdbs.com
    (626) 771 0454

• 3.  RE: Automatically add new user to user table

Posted 02-01-2022 11:13
    Edited by Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach) 02-01-2022 11:13
    Carol,

Add user to the app or add a user to your Realm.  if the latter, you can set up a sync table of Users (from the "Quickbase Admin Console" as a source when making the Connected Table.

Then you can have a Pipeline watch for records added and trigger to create a new user in your a table of users.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 4.  RE: Automatically add new user to user table

Posted 02-01-2022 12:05
    Add a user to my App. I add the users but I also want them added to my user table, the one I created. I was just hoping there was some way to do this without having to add the user twice.

Carol Mcconnell

• 5.  RE: Automatically add new user to user table

Posted 11-21-2023 11:38

Is it still possible to create a synced list of realm users?

Krista Sibery

• 6.  RE: Automatically add new user to user table

Posted 11-21-2023 11:41

Yes - the Admin Console sync is still available. 

https://helpv2.quickbase.com/hc/en-us/articles/4570424924052-Connecting-to-Quickbase-Admin-Console-

Note you will need to either be a Realm Admin, or work with one to create the sync but it still works great today. 

Chayce Duncan