Forum Discussion

PaulPeterson1
Qrew Assistant Captain
3 years ago

Formula Query - Size ?

I am trying to find the correct syntax to use a Size formula query for all items with a check in a checkbox.

I am trying to use:  Size(GetRecords("{##.EX.'yes'}", "????????")) but it is not returning anything.  I also tried using 1 and '1'.  Nothing is yielding a result at the moment.

------------------------------
Paul Peterson

5 Replies

• try this

var text Query = "{'192'.EX.'1'}"  checkbox fid is 192

Size(GetRecords($Query), [_DBID_Table Alias]))

Let me know if that works.  One way to generate a query is to run a report or search with filters and then use the old report style and then "More" to show the expanded URL. 

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      PaulPeterson1
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      I'm getting closer, had to tweak yours a little to get rid of a syntax error "Expecting )"

var text Query = "\"{'196'.EX.'0'}\", \"?????????\""; //checkbox fid is 196 and ????????? is the table ID

Size(GetRecords($Query))

I am getting something, but it is 0 for 1 and 0 and I know there are several thousand records in that table.

Paul Peterson
        Quick_BaseJunki
        Qrew Captain
        @Paul Peterson The issue may be the extra escaped quotes in your Query that aren't necessary.

I'm not sure if you've seen my recent video Query Writing 101, I've added it here.

I also have a number of new Formula Query resources over on the Quick Base Junkie Blog that you may find helpful.

Quick Base Junkie