Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Sharing field data between forms

Posted 07-06-2018 16:40
    Hello,

I have built an "Events" table and have created forms (5) for each of the specific events. Each event has separate detail fields, but I would like to have one or two fields be visible and editable between each of the forms. These fields vary between text, date, multiple choice format. How might I get this data to carry through from form to form? (change them to formula fields?)

• 2.  RE: Sharing field data between forms

Posted 07-09-2018 02:04
    My suggestion would be to use one form and have common fields at the top, and use form rules to show sections based in the Event Type. That way when the user views are record the correct form will always show because they�re all there is one form.

However if you are determined to use five separate forms under prepared to use different reports to control which form is used, then it is OK to put those comment field on all the forms. As long as a particular field which is a data entry field is not on the form twice you�re OK but is it OK to have the same field on different forms.

That way when the user views are record the correct form will always show because they�re old is one form.

However if you are determined to use five separate forms and are prepared to use different reports to control which form is used, then it is OK to put those common fields on all the forms. As long as a particular field which is a data entry field is not on the form twice you�re OK so its OK to have the same field on different forms.