Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Can I copy a single table structure from Application A to Application B?

Posted 07-12-2019 05:47
    Hi,

I have a table A in Application AAA and I have a 2nd Application BBB. I need the structure of table A of Application AAA, in Application BBB. Is there a way in Quickbase by which I can do this in real quick?
    I'm doing this copy procedure by referring the Table A and creating Field by field in the Application BBB, But in search of a quicker way to do the same.

Any idea?

• 2.  RE: Can I copy a single table structure from Application A to Application B?

Posted 07-12-2019 06:18
    Hi Vivek,

You can use the move a table into this App feature from the App management option of the App settings.

PS: Please create a copy of App A first. After that, use this function to move a table from the copy App A. I am saying because if you do this from your live App A then, it will permanently move from your live App.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Gaurav Sharma

• 3.  RE: Can I copy a single table structure from Application A to Application B?

Posted 07-12-2019 06:41
    Sure Gaurav, Thanks

• 4.  RE: Can I copy a single table structure from Application A to Application B?

Posted 07-12-2019 11:23
    Keep in mind that if you actually do a move on the table it will destroy the original table and move it to the new app and it will lose all its relationships.

If you were going to use that method you would first want to copy the app and then move it.

The other way to do it is there is indeed a new option on the table homepage for a table to copy this table and it will let you copy it to another app as long as the owner of the app is the same for both the old and the new app