Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  ignore case in text

Posted 02-15-2019 06:09
    Hi Team, 

Could you please let us know if you have a key word for text compare to ignore case.

Basically                        AB=ab=Ab=aB

Here Im trying to compare a column that has "AB" and the other column as "aB" in dynamic form rule. Right now,  AB is not equal to aB. I need something like ignorecase(aB) so that it is equal.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: ignore case in text

Posted 02-15-2019 12:02
    No problem

This is a true statement

Upper("aBc") = Upper("abc�)

So basically all you need to do is wrap everything with Upper and then everything will be uppercase

• 3.  RE: ignore case in text

Posted 02-15-2019 12:58
    hi ,

But the problem here is,  I cant change to Upper(left hand side) column as i have already coded lots of place in my app. I am looking for a shortcut just to escape the scenario here.

I am looking for something in the right hand side column to just accept both case.

some thing like "AbC"=ignorecase("abC")

thanks

• 4.  RE: ignore case in text

Posted 02-15-2019 13:29
    You will have to change your formulas in your app. There is no master switch for your application to ignore case if that is your question.

• 5.  RE: ignore case in text

Posted 02-15-2019 19:52
    So your issue is you have Column A with mixed-case text (that you can't edit) and you need a form rule on Column B to match values from Column A?

Create a helper column Formula - Text and define it as UPPER([Column A]), then match Column B to the helper field instead of to Column A.