Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Two blank date fields coming up in report when have filtered for dates not equal

Posted 12-15-2017 14:26
    I have a report comparing two date fields. If they are not equal they should be present on the report. This is fine when both date fields are entered and different however when both date fields are blank they are also coming up on my report. Is there a way to stop this from happening? 

• 2.  RE: Two blank date fields coming up in report when have filtered for dates not equal

Posted 12-15-2017 14:39
    No problem,

Just add a filter to your report which is "indented"

and
       all 
       [Date 1] is not equal to (blank)
       [Date 2] is not equal to (blank)

Just leave the date blank

• 3.  RE: Two blank date fields coming up in report when have filtered for dates not equal

Posted 12-18-2017 13:57
    Thanks for this however I'm afraid this is not quite what I'm after. 

The above formula will get rid the entry if either of the dates are blank. I however am interested in these entries and only want  the entries with TWO blank dates to leave the report. 

E.g if I have a date 1 and date 2 and they are the same - not on report.
    if i have date 1 missing and date 2 missing - not on report
    if I have date 1 and date 2 missing - on report
    if I have date 2 missing and date 1 - on report
    if i have date 1 and date 2 but they are different - on report. 

Hopefully this makes more sense? 

Thanks again. 

• 4.  RE: Two blank date fields coming up in report when have filtered for dates not equal

Posted 12-18-2017 14:12
    OK, I see that my answer was not correct

Try this

Where
    all
    [date 1] not equal [date 2]
    and
    ( indented)
     any
                [date 1] not equal blank
                [date 2] not equal blank

• 5.  RE: Two blank date fields coming up in report when have filtered for dates not equal

Posted 12-18-2017 14:36
    Thank you very much all sorted now!! :-)

• 6.  RE: Two blank date fields coming up in report when have filtered for dates not equal

Posted 12-18-2017 14:49
    Now that it is working with these date fields e.g. Visit 1 imported from x and Visit 1 imported from Y is there a way to add to the same report a comparison for Visit 2 imported from both X and Y?

Currently I have each visit set up 

any
    Visit 1 from X not equal to Visit 1 from Y
    Visit 2 from X not equal to Visit 2 from Y
    Visit 3 from X not equal to Visit 3 from Y

but I cant seem to add the "any" functions you described above?
    Maybe my indentations are quite right?

• 7.  RE: Two blank date fields coming up in report when have filtered for dates not equal

Posted 12-18-2017 15:07
    Can you post a screen shot of your current filters?

Do you understand what I mean by indenting?  Did you hover over the right side to locate the indent icon?

• 8.  RE: Two blank date fields coming up in report when have filtered for dates not equal

Posted 12-18-2017 15:12
    So this is the report which is working well.

• 9.  RE: Two blank date fields coming up in report when have filtered for dates not equal

Posted 12-18-2017 15:14
    However I was wondering if there is a way of adding this ANY indent to the following report which has a series of ANY's already in it without showing the double blanks 

Cheers

• 10.  RE: Two blank date fields coming up in report when have filtered for dates not equal

Posted 12-18-2017 15:42
    If you hover beside your first line you can add a line and then indent it.