Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  How do you hide the UI elements (including the table bar) at the top of a form?

Posted 01-05-2018 14:41
    I remember it has something to do with adding a few letters to the end of the URL but I can't remember which letters! I have used it before for forms but am hoping to test it with a QB home page this time.

• 2.  RE: How do you hide the UI elements (including the table bar) at the top of a form?

Posted 01-05-2018 14:44
    It's &ifv=1

• 3.  RE: How do you hide the UI elements (including the table bar) at the top of a form?

Posted 01-05-2018 14:53
    Thank you Chuck, do you know of another one that has the same effect on the dashboard/home page? I'm hoping to display a dashboard without all of the default UI elements at the top.

• 4.  RE: How do you hide the UI elements (including the table bar) at the top of a form?

Posted 01-05-2018 14:54
    Just make a custom page using that link with the ifv. It should give you a window that only shows the report and nothing else. Alternatively if you just want to hide some things you can hide tables, reports, and a number of other UI elements in the permissions for that user/role.

• 5.  RE: How do you hide the UI elements (including the table bar) at the top of a form?

Posted 01-05-2018 15:14
    I can't seem to get it to work using the ifv function but have noticed that previewing a page has the desired effect!

In the case of editing/adding a record, the ifv function seems to hide the green "save & close" button at the bottom of the form, do you know of a way to prevent it from hiding the button?

• 6.  RE: How do you hide the UI elements (including the table bar) at the top of a form?

Posted 01-05-2018 15:21
    No you cannot configure that parameter. For what you want I think you'll need a little bit of custom code. Let me know if you want help with that. Chuck.Support/contact

• 7.  RE: How do you hide the UI elements (including the table bar) at the top of a form?

Posted 01-08-2018 08:46
    Thanks for your help Chuck, will let you know if we decide to pursue it further.

• 8.  RE: How do you hide the UI elements (including the table bar) at the top of a form?

Posted 01-05-2018 20:20
    That &ifv parameter is a total hack and it is no surprise that it does not work in all cases (such as on  ?a=nwr pages)

The simplest way to solve the problem is with another better total hack. Implement the IOL technique and additional style a button onto the end of the IOL formula like so:

[iol] & "module.js" & [/iol]
    &
    "<a class='QBU_Button Vibrant Success'>Save Record Button</a>"

Now in the module.js file put a click handler on a.QBU_Button that will submit the form using the FormData API:

You can search the forum and the pastie database for "FormData" for prior answers / demos I posted. When doing this (placing a form in an <iframe>) your form should be "small" and should not have any fields that might cause special validation criteria (like distinct/unique values) that would cause the form to redirect before submitting. In other words you should probably only include simple fields such as text, number without any additional validation. If you get stuck I can follow up next week. I am just trying to answer a few accumulated questions before the day ends.

TRIVIA: Does anyone know what the value of the ?ifv= parameter does? The answer might surprise you but you can try different values and find out yourself: ?ifv=0, ?ifv=1, ?ifv=10 ... ?ifv=100

I told you it was a hack!

• 9.  RE: How do you hide the UI elements (including the table bar) at the top of a form?

Posted 01-08-2018 08:52
    Dan, thank you for the detailed response, I haven't ventured in to this level of customization before so I will need to do some reading up on using .js files and APIs in QB before attempting your solution. I will let you know how it goes!