Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Approval Button Help

Posted 12-31-2018 20:24
    Here's my scenario:

I have an approvals table, where for audit purposes items need to be submitted, approved or denied.

For audit compliance, we are using a field called Status, and we are logging the edits of that field, so that when items are submitted, approved & denied, we have timestamp for who took action and when.

I have a formula text field (Current Status) that fires whenever a field is modified, to copy the Status field  to a "Current Status" field. That removes the timestamp info, and drives all of my notifications

-- Email for when Items are Submitted (Current Status  = Submitted)
    -- Email for when Items are Approved (Current Status  = Approved)
    -- Email for when Items are Denied (Current Status  = Denied)

Someone really wants to implement the Approval button. So that they can directly approve from email notifications. But when my Approval API button is clicked, it does not change the "Current Status" field --- since that only works when the form is modified.

Is there a way to still fire the form rule, using API?
    Or is there a way to remove the logged info from my Status field, so that I can still drive other notifications (minus the logged edit info)?

• 2.  RE: Approval Button Help

Posted 01-01-2019 23:01
    Ashley, can you explain more how you have the Current Status field set up?

If it is a formula field, wouldn't it just always have the latest status from the Status field? Or do you have a rule or automation that populates it?

-Sharon

• 3.  RE: Approval Button Help

Posted 01-02-2019 13:27
    What API are you using in the button?