Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Use on app to check on records from another app

Posted 08-07-2020 15:20
    I have two app, one called "QA" with a tabled called "QA Management" and another app called "Support" with a table called "Support Tickets".  I created a relationship between the two apps so that way from the support ticket, i can add a new quality  control record (created a URL Formula through the relationship).  I also created a report call QA Records in the support ticket through the relationship.  The issue i'm having is figuring out out how to sort the support tickets that haven't been reviewed for quality control.  

Below is a pic of a support ticket that has been quality reviewed.  

Below is a pic of the quality control record

I tried to changing multiple field properties in the support table to show in QA managment table so i can use them in a reoprt but the field property isn't showing up to select it in the report (regardless of the type of field it is).  See pic below:

I also tried a rule in support ticket to mark a checkbox that when the "QA record" report is not empty or the report doesn't say "No qa records found" then a check for "Ticket coded" would occur. see pic below:

I'm out of ideas to try.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

------------------------------
    Shane Selasky

• 2.  RE: Use on app to check on records from another app

Posted 08-09-2020 21:47
    Shane

I think that all you need to do is to go to the relationship where one Support ticket has many QA records. On that relationship on the left side, make a summary field to count the number of QA records.
    Then that will give you a field in Support tickets to know if the QA has been done. If a record has no QA children then it has not been QA'd yet.  

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com