Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Update formula variable

Posted 06-22-2018 13:46
    I want to do something along the lines of this:

Var Number MyVariable = [MyField]
    If ([AnotherField]=True, $MyVariable==$MyVariable * 2 ) If ([YetAnotherField]=True, $MyVariable==$MyVariable * 4)

Hope fully being able to do this with as many if statements as I wish.

Basically my question is, once I've defined a formula variable, is there a way I can edit or update it.

Cheers for any help!

• 2.  RE: Update formula variable

Posted 06-22-2018 14:08
    A user would need to push a button to call the API or else you need some kind of script triggered.

Perhaps you should state you should state your end objective - what are you trying to do here?  

• 3.  RE: Update formula variable

Posted 06-22-2018 14:45
    Good plan. I have a Master Table "Printers" and a child table "Print Jobs". Each Print Job is assigned to a printer and does a lookup to find the speed of that printer from the printer table. I then want to edit this printer speed depending on the criteria of the print job, each of which is a different field (1-sided vs 2-sided, black vs colour etc) to give us a more accurate speed for the printer for that job. Also how much this speed is adjusted will depend on the printer assigned (printer 2 might take twice as long for colour whereas printer 1 might only take 1.5x as long etc).

• 4.  RE: Update formula variable

Posted 06-22-2018 23:05
    If the adjustment factor is specific to the print job, why not just lookup the [Standard Printer speed] from the Printers master table and then have a field on the print job for the adjustment factor and then a final calculated printer speed based on those two fields.