Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Redirect to Newly created Child Record

Posted 05-22-2017 21:02
    I have a button create a child record from the parent record. This has been established by using the OOB parent child relationship. When I call/click of this button--> this is redirected to the child form, on saving the child record, the default behavior is to redirect the page to the parent record. Is there a way, I could stay in edit mode to the child record itself after saving the child record instead of redirecting to the parent record.

Any inputs are appreciated. 
    Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Redirect to Newly created Child Record

Posted 05-22-2017 21:04
    Where is says this at the end of the Add Child button

& "&z=" & Rurl()

Just comment that out or erase that part of the code.

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_TIME_RECORDS] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_11=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#])
    & "&_fid_21=" & [Related Client]
    //& "&z=" & Rurl()

• 3.  RE: Redirect to Newly created Child Record

Posted 05-22-2017 21:11
    This was easy, and I thought I will have to somehow redirect it to the child record. 
    On this note, I would like to ask, is there any documentation on what &z parameter
    does?

• 4.  RE: Redirect to Newly created Child Record

Posted 05-22-2017 21:26
    The

& "&z=" & Rurl()

says "and upon save Return to the URL that you came from.  "RURL".

But I do not understand your comment.  You wanted to leave the user on the child record, right?  And now it does that right?

• 5.  RE: Redirect to Newly created Child Record

Posted 05-23-2017 14:26
    yes, got it. Thanks. Appreciate it

• 6.  RE: Redirect to Newly created Child Record

Posted 06-02-2017 16:12
    the "&z=" documentation is not publicly made available, but a hint is it has to do with the QB branding and role permission interpretations.