Forum Discussion

Frontman
Qrew Trainee
2 years ago

Generate plain HTML using all records from table

Hi all,

I'm trying to generate a block of plain HTML that uses certain fields from all records in a table, and places these into a standard format. The idea is to generate the HTML which can copied and pasted to a third-party web publishing platform.

The HTML is fairly simple - just bulleted lists and a few headings. Here's the general HTML format I want to follow.

<h4>Static heading text</h4>
<ul>
  <li>
    <strong>[Field 1 from first record - only if it has a certain field value]</strong><br>
    [Field 2 from first record - only if it has a certain field value]
  </li>

...(generate using all records from a table)

<li>
    <strong>[Field 1 from last record of table]</strong><br>
    [Field 2 from last record - only if it has a certain field value]
  </li>
</ul>

I've done something similar in Google Sheet where certain cells are static while others use a FILTER formula to populate accordingly. I then highlight all the cells to copy and paste to a publishing platform. I also used various formulas so that the static cells are populated if a relevant cell contains text so that there's no empty HTML tags. Hoping something similar can be accomplished in Quickbase.

------------------------------
Frontman

2 Replies

Frontman
      Qrew Trainee
      Do you have an example you can share? I'm looking to generate the actual HTML code block itself instead the HTML page - which is what most other discussion threads seem to be about.

Frontman