Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Related field in Grid edit Changes after 1000 from drop down to record picker

Posted 01-23-2023 19:07
    We have an app that we built to manage two bin  inventory system and allows a user to scan a bar code on a physical Kan Ban Card .  We scan a part number ie(100-2300) into a grid edit report.  The field we scan is a related table look up field.   It worked great until we got over 1000 records and then the drop down list changed to a Browse for an item look up..  This has dramatically slowed down our process.   Is there anyway to over ride it back to a drop down list?  
    Thank you!

------------------------------
    jonathan duke

• 2.  RE: Related field in Grid edit Changes after 1000 from drop down to record picker

Posted 01-23-2023 20:01

To my knowledge there is no way to force a drop down if over 1,000 choices. 

But if you make it a conditional drop down to get the list under 1,000 then it will work. Can you have the user enter say the first digit of the bar code manually?  Or some other entry which would allow a CDD to result in under 1,000 records. 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Related field in Grid edit Changes after 1000 from drop down to record picker

Posted 01-24-2023 13:26
    Thanks for the quick reply. That's a great idea.  I'm going to work on that solution and see if I can make it work.
    Thanks!

jonathan duke