Forum Discussion

Mike
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Any way to identify addresses north or south of a given latitudinal line?

Random request -- we have two estimators, they each have their own territory.  One has north and one has south of Route 64.  I'm hoping for either of these two options to be possible....

1. (my dream scenario) I have a given line of latitude (route 64) and when I enter a client's address, it deciphers whether it's north or south of that line of latitude and then displays an N or an S in the client's info.  THAT would be absolutely amazing, although I'm not sure it's possible.

2. Have a map that has either a latitude line, route 64, or a drawn line on it, and when the client address is entered, it shows up on the map in relation to the line so we can see if it's north or south of it.  That would be amazing too.

If anybody has any ideas, I will dance for an hour straight.

------------------------------
Michael Brumfield

5 Replies

• The challenge will be to get the address to geocode.  Typically you need to use an external paid service to do that.  But if you don't have any other free suggestions, Quickbase Solution Partners (QWP) like Juiced Technologies can do this for a fixed monthly fee.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      Mike
      Qrew Member
      Wow!  Any idea what something like that would cost, Mark?  And thank you so much for the help!

Michael Brumfield
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        You can contact toddj@juicedtech.com. At juicedtech.com 

Keith and Todd Jusas are brothers who own the company.  Great people.  There could be other QSP's Quickbase Solution Providers) who also offer this ability but I know for sure that can do this.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com