Forum Discussion

Mike
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Check If Emails Sent??

Is there a good way to see if emails have been sent without having to test it all the time?  I have notification emails set up, and they're amazing -- just wondering what my email options are that I could throw in!

Thank you, (mark, I'm guessing!)!!

------------------------------
Michael Brumfield

3 Replies

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    In 99.9999% of cases it is not the system that has failed, it is an error somewhere else. A lot of the time the user has some rule that is filtering the email into a folder like spam or somewhere else. That has been my experience anyway and the first things I ask are about their email filters and have them check every folder they have.

I have only had notifications totally fail a handful of times. When they did I had to pretty much recreate the notification from scratch and they worked again.

I have had users in my system that got blacklisted/quarantined by Quickbase for some reason and they stopped receiving notifications completely until we reached out to support who confirmed and fixed the issue. I don't remember the exact cause of this though. This is super rare and I have only seen it once. Maybe someone else can explain it.
  • No, there is not a way to check.  They are very reliable, but of course depend on you setting up the triggers correctly.

If you were to truly believe that a notification was not getting sent, you can open a support ticket and they can check into he depths of their log files, but that is really a last resort sort of issue.

Typically,  I might set up a notification to copy myself when the circumstances of the triggering are unique or I just wanted to monitor for a while myself. Then inevitably after a few days or a week or two I get tired of receiving notifications that are really for someone else to act on and I take myself off the list, having myself that they were firing correctly.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      Mike
      Qrew Member
      Awesome, thank you, mark!  Really appreciate it.

Michael Brumfield